The Flourish Fertility Birth Programmes
The Flourish Fertility Birth Programme has been created as a very specialist programme. The Flourish Programme is very versatile and has the ability for new facets to be added as required. Having studied the Fertile Body Method I have adapted it and the Flourish Programme to form a very powerful programme to help increase fertility.
Every Flourish Fertility Birth Programme is absolutely unique to you, if a partner is involved theirs will be different to yours. I do not follow pre-written scripts – you can get that sort of treatment from an over-the-counter CD. (May work for someone).
I will never go against any medical advice you are receiving – I am not a replacement for a medical practitioner. I am here to help you be in the best possible mental and physical shape you can be to become pregnant.
As well as being a highly qualified and experienced hypnotherapist, counsellor and psychotherapist I also hold a Level 4 Nutritional Therapy diploma. Therefore I do feel I am qualified to offer you informed nutritional advice as part of Flourish Fertility Birth Programme
Do you recognise this or similar scenario?
- A couple/woman decides they want a baby.
- But the months pass and conception does not happen.
- The thoughts and process becomes all consuming, almost obsessive and difficult to focus on the other parts of your life.
- The months drag on and start to feel somewhat detached, maybe isolated from the rest of the world.
- You become ‘depressed’ with a deep sense of sadness and are fearful of the thought of infertility.
- You feel time is running out – the biological clock is ticking
- The window of opportunity is closing.
My philosophy behind the Flourish Birth Programme
Giving birth is a natural process and should be a calm, as pain and stress free as possible for mother and baby.
To achieve that mum should enter labour healthy and prepared mentally, physically (and spiritually). I believe that Mother Nature has given all women an innate birthing process – FBP is designed to help Mums attach to it and enhance her natural instincts at this wonderful time.
Hypnotherapy in childbirth
This refers to the use of hypnotherapy to assist in the birthing process. This practice works on the basis that most labour-related pain is the result of fear and tension, which can be diminished or even eliminated with hypnotherapy.
Research for Hypnotherapy in Childbirth
Hypnotherapy was considered a controversial treatment. However; the NHS is now accepting its value in the delivery room or for home births. Studies confirming the claims that, compared to general population figures, hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis during childbirth leads to:
- decreased average length of labour
- lower cesarean section rates
- decreased use of pain relief medication such as gas and epidurals
- increased ease and comfort of labour and birth
- greater emotional satisfaction for mothers and their birthing partners
(I am not going to list the research documents here but you will find many valid examples online).
The majority of women experiencing hypnotherapy during childbirth of their subsequent children tend to feel more in control, confident, relaxed and focused than their first one.